Welcome to Camp Shagabec, Home of Fun Since 1938!
COVID 19 NEWS - First, we just want to say that we are hoping you are well and staying safe. We will be making a decision (on whether or not camp will be open for the summer) on June 1st. We certainly hope that camp will run this summer as it will be more important now than ever, but, of course, our first concern has to be the well-being of our vast Shagabec family. Love to you all!
Registration - you should have received an email from our registrar (on March 28) confirming your registration for camp. If you didn't see the email, please check your "junk" folder.
We are a United Church Camp, but campers of all faiths and non-religious campers are welcome. We are located in the beautiful Cypress Hills Interprovincial Park in Southwestern Saskatchewan. During July and August we run seven weeks of age-specific camps, for children from five to eighteen.
- Rental: Shagabec provides an excellent environment for school groups, retreats, conferences, outdoor education, workshops and leadership training.
- Our Mission Statement is: "At Camp Shagabec we strive to be a place where campers feel welcome and accepted, and where all may come to experience God in creation and community."
- Each summer over 500 people enjoy the Camp Shagabec experience - come and join us for a week you won't forget!!
- Never visited Camp Shagabec before? Our video tour of Shagabec can give you an idea about the place lots of us call home over the summer. To take this video-tour, click on "about" and then "video". You can also see these videos below
- Consider participating in our capital campaign!
CANADIAN TIRE MONEY: At Camp Shagabec we are so grateful for all the Canadian Tire Money donations that come our way year after year. With these wonderful donations we are able to purchase supplies for the Sports Shaq, Property and the Kitchen, etc... We are always on the look out for Canadian Tire Money, so please feel free to drop it off at camp during the summer or contact Kat Fletcher (403) 892 0777 and she will gladly take it off your hands! ;)
Jan 1, 2020
Jan 1, 2020
Apr 18, 2020
Jan 1, 2020
Jan 21, 2019
This year, two new staff cabins were built, and we also constructed a giant gazebo (which acts a craft centre and performance arts centre). We are currently raising funds to build a much-needed new camper cabin, and to renovate the washhouse site (built in 1970). The renovations to the washhouse will not only give it a necessary/sanitary upgrade, but it will also make the site wheelchair accessible. We do not want to pass the burden of site improvements on to the campers, so we are raising these funds separately, as a capital campaign. If you are interested in making a financial donation, we would certainly appreciate any and all assistance we could get in making these additions to camp happen.